Environmental Reporting Initiative
In May 2013, as part of its expansion of EICC-ON as a common platform for member company and supplier reporting, the EICC released Environmental Reporting in EICC-ON. This new tool replaces the EICC Carbon and Water Reporting Tool, and now includes reporting of waste. It is based on global standards such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and established reporting formats such as the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and the Global Reporting Initiative.
Companies that report publicly on carbon, water and/or waste to the CDP or through their own sustainability reports may still be asked to report through Environmental Reporting in EICC-ON, but will receive a shorter list of questions. Use of the tool is free for members and for suppliers already registered in EICC-ON; other companies may access the tool for a nominal fee. Once customers and suppliers establish trading relationships in EICC-ON, they can share completed supplier questionnaires with authorized customers through the system.
The tool integrates a standardized questionnaire for gathering quantitative carbon emissions, energy, water, and waste data, as well as qualitative information on suppliers' environmental management practices.
A User Guide will be available soon to help users enter their information and share with customers and suppliers. Check back for updates!
Benefits to customers:
- Help identify and monitor your supply chain’s most material environmental impacts.
- Get the environmental impact data you want without implementing your own survey.
- Have suppliers allocate carbon emissions to your company.
- Run reports in the tool and download data to Excel for offline analysis.
Benefits to suppliers:
- Reduce survey fatigue by sharing a single questionnaire with multiple customers.
- Use the same indicators that you report for your Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and/or your Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) reports.
- If needed, get help calculating Scope 1 & Scope 2 emissions using raw energy data.
More information on the Carbon and Water Reporting Initiative can be found in our yearly reporting, Greening the Supply Chain: 2012, 2011, 2010.
The Environmental Reporting User Guide is in development and will be posted by May 31, 2013. Click on the green box below for general EICC-ON resources.
(Last Updated May 21, 2013)
Back to Top^
About Us |
EICC Code |
Join Us |
Tools & Resources |
News Center |