The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for performance and compliance with critical CSR policies. EICC provides tools to audit compliance with the code, and helps companies report progress.
The Code of Conduct provides guidance in five critical areas of CSR performance:
- Health and Safety
- Management System
Any company may voluntarily adopt the EICC Code of Conduct. Companies wishing to adopt the Code should proceed with the following steps:
- Identify interest
- Obtain management commitment
- Train staff
- Establish and promote the Code of Conduct
- Integrate the Code of Conduct into procurement processes
- Emphasize continuous improvement
- Work with EICC to standardize industry tools
Comparison to Code 3.0
Click here to access a comparison of the 3.0 version to the 4.0 version of the Code of Conduct.
(Last Updated November 20, 2012)